This week I applied for COE and the Los Angeles Consulate accepted my application.. Today they rejected it as I must reapply for the new program on November 1. I was hoping to get in before the change but no luck. Our flight is mid November…..praying for a fast turnaround.
Answer summary
The post discusses a traveler’s experience with applying for a Certificate of Entry (COE) at the Los Angeles Consulate, which was accepted but later rejected because the traveler must reapply under a new program starting November 1. The individual expresses concern about the timing, as their flight is scheduled for mid-November. The comments reflect varying opinions on the urgency of the situation, the vaccination's relevance, and advice on whether to stick with the COE or switch to applying for the Thailand Pass as new visa rules are expected to take effect.
25 repliesnewest first
9
Click comment and we will ask for your email, then OTP, then name.
I'm planning on flying out on the 5th of November, should I go for the COE or wait for the new Thailand Pass system-if I wait then I would be stuck if they take 4 working days to come back to me🥴
I'm flying 4th. Already got my COE. And a revised AQ certificate from my hotel, stating 1 test, 1 night. I don't think the Thailand Pass will be working properly until at least 7th and if it is, it will be overwhelmed.
hi Lisa, my COE has been pre approved and now I'm asked to upload confirmation of the SHA+ and Covid tests - where am I supposed to book the Coivd tests and show this has been done please? My understanding is that this is done at the airport upon arrival?
no it's the booking confirmation from the hotel. I book direct with hotel. I've had 2 now. One is 7 days, new one is 1 night. Because I arrive in Thailand after 1st November. My COE still has minimum 7 nights on it ( issued 2 weeks ago) but I think Thai immigration will change that when I land on the 5th .
thansk, I've booked a SHA+ on Agoda for 7 nights so can I not just reduce this to x1 night though? And what does the certificate say please - is this just saying you've done x1 night and received a negative test result?
I don’t think vaccination has anything to do with it. The LA Consulate just decided to have me wait for the new scheme. They were quite fast on my Non-o visa and very responsive so hoping for the same result.