Greetings everyone. Your advice would be invaluable so I thank you in advance.
I'm on my 4th 30-day tourist visa extension. Nationality: S.A.
I have done 2 border runs (BR) via land (Laos and Cambodia) and 2 via air ((Laos on both occasions). My current (30-day) extention expires 30 September.
Shortly after my most recent entry into the country, I applied for an education visa with a very reputable teaching institution in BKK. I currently hold a certificate of enrollment and the company/school/agency has scheduled a visa-appointment at Changwattana for Monday, October 2nd - 2 days after my extention expires. The company has already obtained the required consent-letter from the Department of Education. I am told that my Edu Visa will commence on that same day - 2 October.
I am now left with the unthinkable reality where I must 'chance' another BR simply in order to cover the period between 30/09 and 2/10.
I have two questions:
1. Is there any way possible in which I can avoid having to undertake another BR?
2. If there is in fact no other option available to me, do you think I can chance another entry via land (making it my 3rd) - considering purely that I hold a certificate of enrollmentment?
Many thanks and best regard.