Good afternoon,
Would greatly appreciate some advice on my interesing situation
Firstly- I am a volunteer teacher who has previously had 2x 3 month Non Im o visas :)
I returned from Australia and was stamped in on 8 Jan 2019, so my 3 month is good until 7 April.
My foundation then began an application for a 12 month volunteer visa at end of January. and I booked a flight back to Australia that departs Bangok on 1 April to visit my aged father. Assuming that 2 months would be long enough for the paperwork.
Problem is as of today, I am stil waiting for the 12 month visa.
( I believe my application is awaiting the Tak governors signature on a socail services paper.)
My organisation is telling me I should not fly, and should just wait for the 12 month, even though it may not necessarily come through before the expiry of my current 3 month Non O visa.
Not excited about that prospect and forfeiting an airfare, or paying out a lot for a change, not to mention a week of a three week visit.
They also tell me I would be ineligible to apply for another 12 month visa upon my return, end of April, as the government alreay considers they offered me one, and I refused. Thus I would have to go back to applying for 3 months. This involves further work for them, which it appears they are unhappy to do, and I am sure I will end up paying for.
Is there away around this challenge??
TIA