Samui Plus Requirements
Updated on July 13th, 2021
Please follow us on LINE APP (QR CODE) if you would like to be notified when things change.
The Samui Plus program is still planned to start after July 15th.
UPDATE (June 27th) Hopefully there will be more information about Samui Plus on June 28th when the Phuket Sandbox requirements are published in the Royal Gazette.
UPDATE (July 11th) The first 7 Days of your stay must be at a Samui Extra Plus Hotel, and then after that you may stay at a SHA Plus Approved Hotel.
UPDATE (July 12th) You must spend your first 7 days at a Samui Extra Plus hotel. These were previously named AQ/ALQ hotels, but the naming has been changed due to differences between the requirements.
UPDATE (July 13th) The Ministry of Foreign Affairs has updated the COE Website to also include the Samui Plus Sandbox. Samui Plus sealed routes are also open for booking as stated in this Article.
What is Samui Plus?
- For the first 3 days you must stay on the property of your Samui Plus hotel (you may leave your hotel room but not the hotel itself).
- From day 4 to 7 you will be able to travel to specific routes, and destinations only (not disclosed yet).
- On day 8 to 14 you can travel anywhere in Samui, and even go to Koh Phangan, and Koh Tao.
- On the 15th day you may leave Samui, and go anywhere in Thailand.
- You must have been in your departure origin country for at least 21 days (14 days for Thailand residents).
- You must be Vaccinated, and NOT traveling from a HIGH RISK country.
- You must be Vaccinated 14 Days to 1 Year Before your date of Arrival.
- Children under the age of 18 Years Old do not need to be vaccinated, but must travel with an adult.
Must be a direct international flight to Koh Samui or international flight via Bangkok that must be connected with approved sealed flights (flight reservations booked separately are not allowed).
The insurance must cover travel, as well as COVID-19. You can get the lowest priced COVID-19 travel insurance here.
COVID-19 coverage meets the 100,000 USD coverage requirement to enter thailand.
The insurance package must cover the full stay of the visa you will be entering on.
Are there other requirements to come to Thailand?
Yes, you must still follow the entry requirements HERE.
Do I need to be vaccinated for the Samui Plus program?
Yes, you must be vaccinated.
Is the Samui Plus program officially approved?
It is set to start on July 15th, but it is still awaiting official approval.
Do I have to stay at an Samui Extra Plus hotel?
Yes, but only for the first 7 days. You may stay at a SHA Plus hotel for the remaining 7 days.
Can I stay less than 14 nights?
Yes, but you will not be able to visit any other province in Thailand unless you complete your 14 night stay.
Will bars, and clubs be open?
Bars, clubs and karaoke lounges shall remain shut in July. However, SHA Plus hotels may serve alcohol in restaurants on their premises.
How much does a PCR test cost?
A PCR test in Samui currently costs between THB 2,500 to THB 5,000.
Can I travel outside of Samui?
You may travel outside of Samui to Koh Phangan, and Koh Tao after day 8. Once you complete all 14 days you may go anywhere in Thailand.
What is a Samui Plus Hotel?
A Samui Plus hotel is a SHA Plus+ Hotel.
What is a Smaui Extra Plus hotel?
It is the hotel you must spend your first 7 days at. They were previously called AQ/ALQ hotels.
What is SHA Plus?
It means that at least 70% of staff at the venues and businesses have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Only SHA+ Hotels will qualify for the sandbox program.